Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's for Dinner??

I have the smallest recipe repertoire of anyone in the world. Seriously, my husband always has joked that sometimes the greatest variation in meals from night to night is the jar of seasoning I use to season the chicken.

The saddest part.... it's true.

Common dinners in our house include grilled chicken with a variety of spices (barbecue, lemon pepper, Italian, etc.), pasta (spaghetti, chicken alfredo) and meatloaf.

So, in my new efforts to become a better wife, mom and homemaker I've been trying to expand my horizons when it comes to cooking. I think a good goal to start off with is to try one new recipe each week.

This week was a very easy Chicken Pot Pie. It was really easy(only took about 15 minutes of prep time) and ended up tasting wonderful! My sweet hubby gave it a grade A! This even reheats really well and made for some great left-overs.




Easy Chicken Pot Pie


Start by shredding or cubing a couple of cooked chicken breasts.


Combine the chicken in a casserole dish with 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup and mixed veggies of your choice. I threw in some frozen corn, peas and a can of drained green beans. Mix it all together well.


In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg and 1 cup Bisquick mix. When mixed well pour over the top of the chicken mixture.


Bake in oven at 400 degrees until biscuit mix on top is a golden brown. For me, this was about 25 minutes.





Give the recipe a try and let me know how it turns out! I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did!





No comments: