Friday, July 22, 2011

7 years ago today...

Seven years ago today, on a beach in Florida, my then boyfriend of 3 1/2 months told me for the first time that he loved me and that his intentions with me were forever. He told me he had baggage (oh don't we all) and that he wasn't easy (as if anyone is)...

Seven years ago today I told him that I loved him too. I told him that I, too, wanted forever.

and I've never looked back


Matthew is the man of my dreams... a man with many flaws, but who in spite of them all loves me, loves our sweet daughter, loves our families and loves Jesus. A man who serves me and others. A man who is hard working and kind, frugal yet generous, convicted yet compassionate.

I love you Matthew... I love who you are. I love how much you love Ainsley. I love how much you love both my family and yours. I love how you make an effort to show your love for me in small ways that mean so much. I love how you love orphans. I love how you love "the least of these." I love how you love the addict, the poor, the lost. Most of all, I love how you love Jesus... because I know that the truth is, that all those other things, are merely an overflow of your love for Him.

Thank you for choosing me and for promising to spend the rest of your life with me.

I can't wait


(Us, July 2004)




No comments: