Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It’s Fall Ya’ll!

Fall is my favorite season of the year! By the time September or October rolls around I am craving cooler weather... I am craving a break from the heat that is so smothering in our North Carolina summers...
We have been enjoying this fall so far! Our front door is adorned with a wreath covered in fall foilage. I have baked my husband his all-time favorite dessert, pumpkin pie, not once, but twice! We have spent our afternoons at the park, in the backyard, on walks... Enjoying these last few weeks of perfect weather!
This past Saturday while I was sleeping after a night shift, Matthew took Ainsley to a pumpkin patch with some friends of ours. They picked out some pumpkins for us to decorate and carve at home! Here of some pictures of her cuteness that day!
DSC02762
DSC02772
DSC02776
DSC02780

So now that we had the pumpkins it was time to decorate them! While Matthew got his and Ainsley's pumpkins ready for carving (cutting the top off, or that "hat" as Ainsley calls it, and then gutting it) I set Ainsley up with one of the big pumpkins and some fingerpaints. I got the idea from the Young House Love blog and knew as soon as I saw it that it was something I wanted to do with Ainsley this year. I used duct tape instead of painter's tape just because I had it on hand... but the painter's tape would probably work better. Basically, you just cut the tape into the shapes you want, stick it to the pumpkin, and let the kiddo go at it with finger paints (preferably the washable, non-toxic kind). She had no problems getting excited and digging in! She had a blast... well, until she decided to take a taste of the paint... guess it was pretty nasty because it made her cry... good thing it's non-toxic!
DSC02813
DSC02814
DSC02815
DSC02825
DSC02842
When Matthew was done prepping the pumpkins we washed Ainsley’s hands (and arms, stomach, hair, chest, etc…) and he helped Ainsley carve her first jack-o-lantern! I have to say, it was pretty darn cute, and she had a blast!!
DSC02798

DSC02853
DSC02859
DSC02871
DSC02885
Of course, Matthew and I didn’t miss out on the fun… So here are the carved pumpkins all finished, lit up, and ready for Halloween!!
DSC02875
DSC02892
DSC02899
And our little pumpkin family…
DSC02900
Here’s Ainsley this morning posing with her pumpkins, after the painted one was allowed to dry overnight…
DSC02906
and here’s the other side of the painted one….
DSC02913
DSC02916
DSC02915
I hope that you all have been enjoying this beautiful time of year as much as we have!!

signature

1 comment:

AnaLisa said...

Oooh, I like the painted A pumpkin! What a great idea. xx, AnaLisa