Thursday, November 3, 2011

(21 Days of Remembering My Daddy: Day 3) Lunch in the Park

Sometimes I wonder why certain memories are so strong in my mind. Lately I've been thinking a lot about picnic lunches that my Daddy would take me on when I was little. Where I grew up we only had 1/2 day Kindergarten and I was in the morning class. I remember often times after Daddy would pick me up from school we would go through a drive-through and pick up some lunch and he would take me to a park to eat. I don't remember everything about it, but I remember there was a creek, some picnic tables, and lots of birds that I would enjoy tossing food at. I specifically remember there was one week where every single day either my Daddy or I would drop food on ourselves and get it on our shirt (which, by the way, was never unusual for him and still isn't unusual for me to this day) and he would joke and say "We can't take us anywhere!" I still remember the way he would laugh when he would make silly, cheesy "dad jokes" like that one and crack himself up... I actually always thought they were funny too.

I know that some of these memories don't mean anything to pretty much everyone who reads this. However, it's only been a year since he's been gone and I can already feel some memories fading. I'm writing these things down for me... so that I can look back and jog my memory of some of these sweet times that stick out to me. Time just goes so quickly...


1 comment:

Laura said...

I remember your dad took us to Pleasers after school one day. It was the day I told my dance coach I wasn't going to be on the team anymore and I was all worked up. Pleasers and your dad's sense of humor made my day much brighter!