Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Update....

Sorry for the lack of updates lately... We've been sort of at a stand-still and I didn't want to update until we knew for sure what was going on. So I won't go into all of what we thought might happen or what the potential delays were, as in any sort of adoption delays are the name of the game in most cases. So I'll just progress to where we are right now, which is actually right on schedule!

Our last homestudy visit was on Sunday the 30th. We survived the walk-through (which was completely painless). Our social worker contacted us yesterday and let us know that she has submitted the complete write up. Now it could take a couple of weeks for our homestudy agency to review and edit it. They will then send the final copy on to our adoption agency, and when they have reviewed and approved it we can apply to US Immigration! Woo hoo!!

The immigration process will take a few weeks, but basically after they receive our application and our homestudy, they will send us an appointment for biometric fingerprinting, run an FBI background check (yes, we will have 2 FBI background checks!) among other things, and then hopefully send us our approval! Upon approval from them we can get waitlisted!!

Oh.my.heavens... I seriously get so excited about this!

Yesterday while I was filling my mommy in on all of this she said I sounded like I was on speed! I'm not, I promise... unless an excessive amount of caffeine counts, then I'm guilty as charged. I just really can not explain to you the level of anticipation. Can I get an AMEN from my fellow adoptive families?!?!

From stalking other adoptive families' timelines it looks like from the time we apply to UCIS to approval can take around 4-8 weeks. So we're looking at the end of January or early February?!?! Of course it can take longer if something gets delayed, which is of course very possible! Matthew frequently reminds me to just take it one step at a time, and of course, he's right.

Finally, I just have to say that our adoption agency is AWESOME! We have been so blessed by their kindness, guidance, and most of all their patience! I have a feeling that adoptive parents are some of the most impatient people in the world and they handle all the questions and calls with such grace. We are so grateful for them!

Please continue to pray for the three of us and for the children God has chosen for us!

No comments: