Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So... whatchya been up to the past 10 months?

Wow... well, I'm so glad you asked. You see, I could make excuses, but none of them would suffice. It's just that, well we've been a little busy. You see, soon after I posted last we saw these pictures...



And promptly fell in love with 2 little boys named John (2 1/2 years old) and Joshua (9 months old). They are biological brothers and Joshua has a serious and lifelong medical condition and was very, very sick. We were working hard to get their investigations done and all the appropriate paperwork done and our attorney was working to have their case medically expedited because of how sick Joshua was. We were completely engrossed in our process.

Then I started to become sick... not sick like Joshua... just sick as in nauseous all.the.time.

Matthew laughed. He knew.

I was in denial.

Until I saw something that looked exactly like this...



Then I cried.

I wish I could say that I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.

I didn't cry because I was sad. I cried because I was completely overwhelmed at the thought of 4 kids ages 3 and under.

Oh, and what was Matthew's response??

He laughed. Again.

And then 14 hours later we got our court date for our boys, and it was in 10 days.

So in a span of 8 months our family went from this:



to this:



and now to this:


So yeah, we've been a little busy. And I just now kind of feel like I'm coming up for air. I hope to keep up with this little corner of the web better than I have been for no other reason than that these days go SO fast, and I want to document as much of it as I can.

Pray for us in all our craziness, and hopefully you can keep checking back to get a glimpse into some of it :)

No comments: