Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fighting a losing battle



I don't always understand why God does the things He does. But to be honest, He's God, I'm not and my lack of understanding of Him or His ways doesn't make Him any less big, any less sovereign or any less good. 

So I'll just come out and say it. Unless God moves mountains, we are not going to be able to adopt the little girl we had hoped to. We have talked to lots of people in the adoption world about it, and although I think that everyone is on the same page as to what the best long term outcome would be, it just doesn't appear as though it is going to happen. 

I have cried many tears over this little girl. My heart aches for her. Not because I need another kid, not because I enjoy the process of adoption (the outcome, yes, the process, no). My heart aches for her and we pursued her because she deserves it. She deserves a family that would love and value her. She deserves a family who would never ever abandon her or allow harm to come to her. She deserves to be valued and loved.... even if she never knows it. She deserves to be fought for.... even if she never knows it. 

In light of the gospel, isn't this true as well? Didn't Jesus come to earth as a man to live, die and fight for the lives of many who would never choose Him, who would never know Him, and many who would never even know His name? He did it because He loved them, whether they ever knew it or not. We have done the same, to the best of our ability and those involved closely know that at any time we are willing to adopt this girl, be it now, or be it ten years from now. 

Please pray for us, that if God at some point opens the door for us to adopt her that He will make it clear. But more than anything pray for her. Pray for her safety, her health. Pray for those who are caring for her that they will love and care for her the way she deserves to be loved and cared for. Above all, pray that God will place people in her life who will tell her about Jesus and how He came and fought for her and how He is he first of many brothers and sisters (Romans 8:29) brought to the Father through His blood. 

1 comment:

Yvonne Stone said...

After coming home from my trip to Jinja this summer and talking and praying with my husband we have decided to start the adoption process. I really felt God working on my heart while I was in Uganda. So I was going to ask you if anyone knows the first steps to getting started. Agencies or independent? Any info would be great! my husband and I are currently in search of an agency! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Yvonne
ymk.stone@gmail.com

While in Jinja I fell in love with a little girl from arise and shine babies home and am wanting information on how to get a hold of anyone who is able to help me find out more information on adopting from here.

Thanks.